Craig Sloan is one of your local butchers at Sinclair Meats in Latrobe Street. Craig is from Perth, WA and he moved here 18 months ago to run his own family-farm with his wife and 3 children.
He loves spending time with his family, riding dirt bikes, camping in the great outdoors and slow cooking in his Grandfather’s camp oven. He supports the West Coast Eagles in the AFL but don’t hold that against him! His specialties include dry-aging meats, experimenting and creating new recipes.
Slow Cooked Texas Beef Brisket
- 3 Tablespoons Smoked Paprika
- 2 Tablespoons Ground Black Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Kosher Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Ground Cumin
- 750gm – 1kg Beef Brisket
- ¾ Cup Barbeque Sauce
- ¼ Cup Water (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- ½ Onion, sliced into rings.
- Mix paprika, pepper, salt, brown sugar, chili powder, and cumin together in a bowl; rub evenly over the surface of the brisket. Put brisket in a large, resealable plastic bag; refrigerate 30 minutes to overnight.
- Stir barbeque sauce, water, Worcestershire sauce together in the bottom of a slow cooker. Lay brisket into the sauce mixture. Arrange onions on top of the brisket.
- Cook on Low until brisket is very tender, 6 to 7 hours. Rest brisket 10 minutes before slicing or shredding; serve with sauce from the slow cooker.